E with two dots (ë for lowercase and Ë for uppercase) is a version of the “e” vowel that is formed by placing two dots over it. It is also known as e umlaut or diaeresis.
I’m using Cinnamon on Linux Mint 18.2 for a lengthy tale short. Everything has been patched. The trouble is that for my life I can’t find out how to use the keyboard to form an e with an umlaut. Here’s this tiny man I’m talking about –> ë. It’s a shared machine and I’ll know that Alt+0235 is used to perform this at my main workstation, Windows 10. I know the character map may also be used. I’d like to do it so fluently in Mint. I promise to myself every time that I will ask Reddit – here I ask! Every time I swear!
In this article, you are going to learn how to type this e with two dots symbol using either Mac or the Windows PC.
e With Two Dots (e Umlaut)
Type e on the window using the two-point symbol and hold onto the Alt key (e.g. Alt+0235 on a tiny letter and Alt+0203 on a capital letter) with the e-Umlaut Alt code on the numerical keypad and release the Alt key. Type [OPTION]+ [u] for Mac users, and then type u.
The table below includes all you need to type in Windows and Mac for this character.
Two ways To Insert e With Two Dots On Mac
A keyboard shortcut that is provided for taping the ‘e’ umlauts sign is the quickest way to type symbols on Mac. In the next two choices, let’s examine how to achieve this.
1: Using Shortcut
The two-way key is [OPTION]+[u], e. The key to e. Press and release the [OPTION] and [u] key on your keyboard, and then click on the “e” key on your keyboard once without pressing any other key. This is supposed to give you nature. If, rather than lowercase, you wish to type capital with a symbol with two dots, toggle the caps lock key on while entering this shortcut.
2: Delayed Pressing Method
A very easy technique to type letters with accents comes with the latest version of Mac OS. It’s quite quick. This quick procedure requires extended letter pushing for more variations. Let’s look at the “e” sign with two dots.
To type the Mac e-Umlaut:
Step 1: Hold the “e” key and press it.
Step 2: Keep pressing the key until a menu with all the ‘e’ letters is displayed.
Step 3: To place your symbol in your document, click the e-umlaut symbol. Alternatively, click on the e umlaut character number on the menu.
E umlaut (Or e With Two Dots) Alt Code\
For tiny letters e the ‘e’ alt code is 0235 with two points E (ë) and 0203 with two dots (ès) in the capital letter E.
This symbol can be typed with the alt code:
Step 1: Start your document on Word.
Step 2: At the appropriate spot, place the insertion point.
Step 3: Hold the Alt key and press.
Step 4: Use the keyboard numerics. Alt code type ‘e’ (0235 for ë or 0,203 for ŠE) Type ‘e’ umlaut
Step 5: Release the Alt key to insert the symbol eventually.
How To Insert ë In Word/Excel/PowerPoint
You may simply enter the ‘E’ with the umlaut accent, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, using the Windows alt code technique and the Mac shortcut. However, there is a mouse-based way to include this symbol in any Microsoft Office software if you wish to have additional alternatives.
Copy And Paste ë
I am in favor of that. I like copying and pasting. I like pasting. It only cuts it all short.
In addition to the symbolization library and the alt code or shortcut, if your document already contains, you can copy and paste e with two points. Or someplace else, you may duplicate it like a web page.
How To Insert e With Two Dots In MS Word
Below are two simple ways to use the symbol library to insert thee with a Word umlaut.
Go to Insert the symbols of the symbol
The Symbol dialogue box will appear with these few clicks. Now is the period of two points to seek for thee.
Swipe down or up till you locate the umlaut e in the library of the symbol. Choose it and click Insert.
- Alternatively, the desired character can be double-clicked and put into your paper.
- You may click Insert on the ribbon in your MS Word document where you want ë to be inserted, then select Symbols and select More Symbols in the Download Menu.
- The pop-up symbols should be displayed.
- Select Latin-1 Supplement from the sub-set drop-down.
- Scroll down and you’re supposed to see ë. Click it. Click it.
- Now, you may add ë in the text
- Click on the ë tag or insert ë by clicking Insert
We will utilize the Unicode character code Hexadecimal in this way to generate ë.
Enter 00EB and Alt+X (type 00EB or 00Eb or 00eB or 00eb) at the spot where you wish to type ë. Then press Alt. Then press Alt. Holding down the Alt key, hit X, and leave the buttons) to get ë. It’s really that simple!
Type 00CB followed by 00CB or 00Cb (type 00CB or 00cB or 00Cb). Click the Alt key. Press and leave the keys by holding the Alt key) to − lift.
The Unicode (hex) character code for ë is included in the symbol window screenshot. It’s 00EB, as you can see. In the following procedure, we are going to use this Unicode (hex) code.
- Press Start or the Windows key to put ë into your text, and then type char. Select the Character Map app from the pop-up window. This window should come up. You should see.
- Take the ë character and click on it with the mouse cursor. Then, to insert ë in the copying box, please click the Select button. To copy the character to the clipboard, please click the copy button.
- Move the mouse to the point of insertion and hit the Ctrl+V button to paste the character.
- The Character Map window’s final line should be noted. The character code and ë name of Hexadecimal Unicode on the left are shown. On the lower right-hand side, you can find the keystroke in the text to retrieve the character. Note this Alt+0235 code since in the next function we are using it.