YouTube is not the same as the website you were accustomed to visiting. It is currently the primary platform for most types of video content. It’s really simple to view any type of video you desire after you’ve activated YouTube on the device you require. Of course, there are times when YouTube is unavailable in your region, but there are workarounds. Today, however, we will discuss how to activate YouTube.
YouTube cannot be accessed in the same manner on a PC or a Roku device. It’s just a click away for PC users to go to youtube.com. However, there is an activation phase for devices such as Roku, Xbox, and Apple TV. In this post, we’ll show you how to activate YouTube by going to youtube.com/activate. We provide step-by-step guides for the most common devices so you won’t have any problems.
How To Activate YouTube Using Youtube.com/activate
1: How To Activate YouTube On Smart TV
YouTube applications are now embedded into smart TVs. Even if the applications are not pre-installed, you will be able to download and install them. YouTube must be activated on smart TVs by visiting youtube.com/activate. It’s not as difficult as you think. To begin using YouTube on your smart TV, just follow the instructions outlined below.
You must first launch the YouTube app on your Smart TV. In most models, the app may be accessed directly from the main screen.
- After running the app, look for the Gear icon. It should be positioned in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Click the Gear button and choose Sign In from the resulting menu.
- On the screen, you should now see an 8-digit code. Keep the screen open and jot down the code.
- Now that you have the code, go to youtube.com/activate on your computer or mobile device. Do not mix up youtube.com/activate with youtube.com/activate.
- You will be prompted to enter your Google Account details. Enter it and continue.
- Now, in the next box, input the 8-digit number that you saw on the Smart TV’s YouTube app.
- Allow Access will appear on the following screen.
Following these steps, your Google Account will be linked to the YouTube app on your smart TV. It indicates that you have successfully activated the app and are ready to enjoy the finest viewing experience possible. The only need is that your smart TV is linked to the Internet.
Please keep in mind that if you have an older smart TV, it may include a Flash-based YouTube app. To access YouTube using such applications, look for the ‘Sign In’ option in the sidebar menu, not the Gear icon menu. For optimal performance, you’d also need to upgrade the YouTube app or Smart TV firmware to the most recent version.
Read More: Best Alternative Of sportssurge net In 2022
2: Activate YouTube On Samsung TV
Samsung TV comes in a variety of styles, and some of them do not support YouTube. As a result, before attempting the activation method, ensure that your design supports the app. The activation procedure for models that enable YouTube is the same as it is for other gadgets such as Apple TV. The acts are the complying with.
- 1st Step: Open YouTube and go to the “Sign in and Settings” area.
- 2nd Step: Click Sign-in to generate an 8-digit code, which you should write down.
- 3rd Step: Navigate to Youtube.com/activate on your computer, sign in, and enter the verification code.
As a result, you may simply activate YouTube in this manner.
3: How To Activate YouTube on Roku
Roku, as you may be aware, is a very popular streaming device with more app support. In contrast to custom-made Smart TV OS, Roku officially supports the YouTube app. If you want customized content recommendations and channel support, you must activate YouTube on Roku by visiting youtube.com/activate.
The following are the steps to activate YouTube on Roku using youtube.com/activate.
- Before you begin, make sure your Roku is connected to a Wi-Fi network. After that, you must login into your Roku account. Don’t be concerned if you don’t have an account. It just takes a few seconds to set up a Roku account.
- Navigate to the Roku Home Screen if you are not already there. This is accomplished by pressing the Home Button on a remote.
- Choose Channel Store from the available choices. To continue, press the OK button on the remote.
- Now, go to the Top Free area and you’ll see YouTube listed there. Choose it.
- You must choose the Add Channel option from the following menu. YouTube would be added to your Roku channels as a result of this. This may, however, take a few seconds.
- Following that, go to My Channels and search for YouTube. To continue, open YouTube.
- You may now go through the same process again. Navigate to the top-right corner and choose Sign In from the Gear menu.
- Roku may request your Google credentials in certain circumstances. In such an instance, enter the username-password combination to continue.
- You should be able to see an 8-digit code on the following screen. You have two options: copy the code or leave the screen open for a bit.
- Access youtube.com/activate and sign in with another computer or smartphone.
- To continue, enter your Google credentials when prompted.
- In this step, input the 8-digit code that you copied from the Roku screen.
There may be an option to Allow Access, which would enable the YouTube app.
In this situation, you must first download the YouTube software to the Roku system, which takes just a few seconds. Having said that, after you’ve completed these easy steps, you’ll be able to watch YouTube over Roku with all of your own material.
Read More: Best Cricfree Alternatives
4: How To Activate YouTube on Apple TV
YouTube is one of the many applications available on Apple TV, and it is one of them. Because of the basic methods, activating YouTube on the Apple TV app is likewise a straightforward process. Furthermore, Google provides continuous upgrades to the YouTube app, providing the greatest results.
Everything will be alright if you just follow these guidelines.
- On the YouTube app, you must go to Sign In and Settings.
- To continue, click the Sign In button.
- Following this, you will see an eight-digit code on the screen. Make a note of the code for future reference.
- You may activate YouTube by going to youtube.com/activate on your Mac, PC, or mobile device, just as we did previously.
- To use the system, you must enter your Google account credentials. There should also be a confirmation page asking for information exchange.
- When prompted, enter the eight-digit code that you saw in the Apple TV Sign In interface on the following page.
- To authorize the sign-in procedure, click Allow Access.
Return to the YouTube app on Apple TV, and it should begin to display your customized homepage and other YouTube content with ease. As previously said, Apple TV is simpler to use than many other streaming systems.
Follow Techjung for the Best of the Technology.